There are 200 million cars in the Euro car parc alone. Throughout the 20th century man has built his world around the mobility that vehicle transportation allows. In the UK we have delighted in the pleasures and freedoms afforded us as a result of the internal combustion engine. For most of us our first car journey was from the maternity department, and our last will be a dignified crawl to the cemetery.
The emergency services depend on vehicles and passing our driving test is a significant milestone in our lives signalling greater independence these days than turning twenty one. And yet our personal relationship with the car is costly.
In reality climate warming is not all the fault of transportation, even when you add in refining and vehicle production. However there is no doubting the fact that from vehicle manufacturer to vehicle user we all must take action to reduce our Co2 emissions. We recognise that as suppliers of many thousands of vehicles we have an important role to play in helping you reduce your emission legacy.
- Set up by UK Government after the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- Non-profit organisation funded by Government and private sector
- Aims to cut CO2 emissions by promoting the sustainable and efficient use of energy
- Free consultancy for fleet over a minimum of 50 vehicles, funded by DfT
- Covers all vehicles, up to 3.5 tonnes
- Measures carbon footprint with clear and auditable metrics
- Aims to identify ways to reduce costs and environmental impact
Marshall Leasing does not see itself as a 'green consultancy'. We believe that clients who want to become carbon neutral will need to consider carefully the options that are available to them whilst ensuring that any scheme they adopt for offsetting is properly audited. There are specialist for-profit companies in this field; we do not claim to be one of those.
We have instead opted to work closely with the Government's Energy Trust which provides comprehensive support and advice. Building green into your car policy will have some very positive effects.
- Sends out a positive environmental message about your company
- Reduces fuel costs
- Reduces accidents
- Improves driver safety
- Reduces overall fleet expenditure
- Makes a difference
Marshall Leasing can assist you with all the above as well as vehicle choice, route planning, CO2 advice.